Built in progressions suitable for BBC SO Strings (5 instrument) via DIVISIMATE

Other BBC instruments that I will possibly use are brasses, and some free plugin is interesting

but my preferred preset for Max Fun and Zero Hassle is:
1 Scaler driving AAS Strum-GS in the loop mode
1 Scaler (with same chords, but different expression) driving a keyboard
Broomstick Bass (with its drums metronome) fed by AAS Strum-GS

You might want to check out Plugin Gurus Unify. Really great for combining multiple instruments & multiple versions of instruments (e.g. Spitfire BBC SO) along with other functionality Unify (Standard Edition) - PluginGuru.com
They’ve just released a library that has just been demo’ed on YT that features BBC SO. DiscoverStation 185 Patch Walkthru! - YouTube
Hoping it’s OK to post about other devs here mods.

2 Likes

Thanks for information @don1thedon
I’ll do a look and let you know if I acquire it
hoping it is not so much complex, because to much complexity kills fun to me
:laughing:

Well perhaps… one can only wonder.

Not a piano player and without Scaler:

Surely, this guy can play… but, if you
aren’t a piano/keyboard player, then
with Scaler on your side you can do
what would normally take years.

Sorry, I don’t have a video, and I only
have the BBC Freebie. So no video.

But it’s the thought that counts, or
so I have heard. :blush:

Cool!
I doubt I can do that with Scaler anyway, even after a dozen of years

See my post here about using ImageLine’s Minihost Modular with Scaler → Divisimate → DAW, and my post re: BBCSO ensemble patches at VI-C.

1 Like

Have you looked at PluginGuru’s Unify v1.3 and Core Station?

Also, slightly different topic, but I’ve put together BBCSO Core UACC-based patches and 156 Divisimate presets that may be useful.

1 Like

On my side, I have tried Plugin Guru’s Unify and Core Station. Quite amazing indeed. Only downside: how to change articulation inside one same instance of Unify with many different BBC Core layers inside?

Concerning your BBCSO Core UACC-based patches and 156 Divisimate presets: are you willing to share them one way or another? :slight_smile:

Yes. They’re freely available.

Shame on me! I didn’t click on the links above.
Thanks again.

wow just a cursory look at your post on VI-C tells me I need to look at this!

" so I created 156 presets for Divisimate based on the Professional Orchestration series of books. I’ve also started making presets based on scores I’ve studied. For example, here’s 19 Mendelssohn - Fingal’s Cave Op.26 Presets."

1 Like

When using Divisimate and other chord splitting methods in Live I always put Live’s pitch device in front of each instrument so I can easily dial in and change the note range for each voice.

2 Likes

I just got Divisimate, but it certainly can work with Scaler and you don’t need to run a 3rd party host for Scaler in front of your DAW to make it work. Or at least not with the current version of Divisimate and Scaler within Cubase on my Windows computer. It take a bit of set up but there is a MIDIloopback for Divisimate, that comes right from them when you install the application. This allows MIDI data from your DAW to be sent out to Divisimate, processed and then returned to your DAW as multiple MIDI ports.
The combination of Scaler and Divisimate is pretty powerful just in the couple of hours of tinkering around I’ve done so far. It really is the tool that can take Scaler’s understanding of chord theory and split it those notes up across multiple instrument tracks as most composers working in orchestral style music would need.

Here’s a discussion of free vst to split chord notes into individual tracks in real-time. Fwiw.

MIDIpolyphony is only usable on Windows unfortunately.
I would love to have Divisimate but alas it’s out of my current spending range.

@ClaudioPorcellana Hi Claudio - I was wondering if you returned Divisimate? If not I may have some good news for your use of it in Ableton.

yes returned :grin:
but I can always demo it, if needed
I have Ableton Live Standard anyway, not the complete edition, and this can make a difference perhaps

Wouldn’t make any difference. easily done since it uses no other items except Scaler and Divisimate. But since you no longer have it, never mind. Although I may have figured an easier way for MVO but sounds like you aren’t interested in that any more either. Jam on!
Cheers,
J

1 Like

VSL and Divisimate collaborated on a free Prime template and quite a number of orchestration presets. I translated that to BBCSO Core. More info here. Enjoy! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great! Nice to see a fellow VI-C over here. Does that mean you might be using Scaler?