Problem with mixing down with Scaler

OK, I increased the buffer, didn’t work. I drag and dropped the Scaler files to Midi but many of the patterns changed for the worse. I video taped how it sounds in Mixcraft and it sounds after I mixed down to FLAC. The same thing happens when I mix down to MP3 or WAV. I also tried deleting all but one of the three Scaler guitars but it didn’t help.

With DAWAfter mixdown to FLAC or MP3

aha, so all them fall in the same track… argh, this is why I was unable to get it working!
I thought there was a hidden IN/OUT option (like in Ableton)
OK, I’ll try that

About your problem, what Strum GS option are you using?
With Loop for example, you have to use a trick (in Ableton at least) to have it working
A moment that I search one of my post

Yes, I do have Strum in loop mode

In my DAW, works fine
Dropbox - Scaler and Strum with DAW.mp4 - Simplify your lifehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/hns3008dw417qce/Scaler%20and%20Strum%20with%20DAW.mp4?dl=0

well, look at this post about the Loop mode

Maybe it helps with the present issue, or helps in other workflows

thanks buddy, I’ll check that out

What if you sum the tracks to 1 audio track and just record that?

Not sure how to do that in my DAW. Would it be “mix down to stems”?

Yes. Mix down to stems would work.

So let me see if I understand this - The video you posted is a mixed down audio file from Mixcraft. I assume it mixes down faster then realtime so you can’t listen while mixing to disc. But if you just play Mixcraft it sounds fine? Can you do a video (with audio) of that?

Yes, I posted a video of it playing in Mixcraft in the thread.

I tried mixing those tracks down to stems this morning. Unfortunately with the same result.
I replaced Strum with Kontakt Acoustic Sessions 2 and Sunburst which are also pattern based guitars and everything seems to work fine. It appears to me that for whatever reason Scaler and Strum don’t play well together within the Mixcraft environment. Curious to know if that combo works in other DAW’s after the mixdown.
Thank you to everyone for trying to help. I’m a huge fan of Scaler and use it extensively.

I’ve never heard of this issue before. Since I can’t run Mixcraft on Mac there isn’t much more I can contribute.

This combo is amazing in Ableton Live
I use it everyday in many ways
unless I didn’t got the meaning of “mixdown”

@ClaudioPorcellana Mixdown is when you take you take all your used tracks in Ableton and mix them down to a stereo track. But you know that. Although I am curious what you mean by this though - - “I use it everyday in many ways”. How many ways?

1 Like

Hi @Clintmusic What version of scaler are you using, current V is 2.4.1
Also platform / OS?

OK, then I confirm that “This combo is amazing in Ableton Live Standard, and I use it everyday in many ways”

Now, if you are curious about “how many ways”, I never calculated the number, but they are about 3-4
just search in my posts about AAS Strum-GS :grin:

I’m using ver 2.4.1 with Windows 10. I played around some more. It works fine in the mixdown if I just combine Scaler and Strum with chords. But when I add in the pattern (Affretando) it sounds great in Mixcraft but falls apart after mixing down to MP3. I tried other patterns to see what would happen. Some worked better than others, but Affretando completely falls apart.

Sounds like Mixcraft isn’t processing the MIDI correctly. Can you route the audio from Strum to another audio track and record that live?