S2 - Guitar pondering

I love Scaler very much, and I use it each day, but I doubt the next release will be able to beat a plugin developed for a particular instrument like Strum-GS, UJAM, etc

This because Scaler is not a rompler, and not meant to become in the future

So I think that a combination of Scaler and specialized plugin PLUS your hands-on will be always needed

my 2 cent of carrots

NI Session Guitar series.

1 Like

Is the guitarist still on board?

Thanks for mentioning NI Session Guitar series. It was not on my radar! They actually have quite a few flavors. Just missed the latest sale so I’ll wait for the next one. BF?

Totally forgot about UJAM. Their “SILK” guitar was on sale a year ago on VST BUZZ for only €39! Normal price €129! It seems very interesting. Lots of future possibilities!

About UJAM, there are some posts that may be worthy to read

1 Like

My preferred guitar plugin is the MusicLab Gibson Les Paul anyway

The only reason why I bought it, then asked for a refund, is that my PC coped perfectly with the demo, BUT crashed with the full plugin that requires a PC way stronger than mine

The day I’ll upgrade my PC, I think I’ll go for it, because it works perfectly with Scaler, way better and easier than all the others plugins I tested (that have a demo)

1 Like

RapidComposer can generate these and other patterns based on a chord progression.
See manual on Page 74.

1 Like

Not so many with UJAM

The number of patterns is very limited, even if looking at the GUI you may think differently, many patterns sound almost the same (like in AAS Strum-GS 2 BTW), and they don’t have expansion packages (compared to AAS Strum-GS 2 that have a dozen of different pattern packages)

1 Like

Your best bet is the Picked Acoustic, as it uses strumming patterns and picking patterns. Best all rounder. Strummed Acoustic 2 is also very good, you get a six string and a twelve string, the focus being on strumming, as the name suggests.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for great ideas and advice! Very valuable! I’m a total beginner when it comes to guitar libraries. But I used to play real guitar, both electric and acoustic, but totally stopped about 15 years ago when I moved to an apartment in a century old building with virtually no acoustical insulation. So playing guitar is out of the question! Unfortunately!
Anyway, I will process all the information and see what I come up with. Thanks!

2 Likes

Probably. The patterns in Session sound very good with Scaler.

Well, in case you are nostalgic about the good old days with real guitars you can buy this

Wow! Such an insulated booth is precisely what I need. If I had a bigger apartment and a treasure chest full of gold and precious jewels I would install one tomorrow! That would be just perfect! :grin:

1 Like

Then go for a proper roof for free :grin: :rofl: :guitar:

2 Likes

I am using Scaler with NI Strummed Acoustic. I am having trouble getting extended chords to play properly. I have tried various Voice Grouping settings. In general, I am getting notes out of the SA trigger range – either too low, which turn into articulations, or too high, which just do not sound.

If I set Voice Grouping into a single octave within the SA capture range (as Davide recommends above) the range-compressed extended chord does not voice correctly.

I would appreciate any suggestions to work around this please!

Try MIDI Polisher for free :grinning:
cheers

Thanks Claudio.

I am working in Logic at present, and so cannot use a VST, but can already constrain the note ranges natively and fold in notes outside the range natively – with a bit of Environment gymnastics. If I find time, I could do this more conveniently by writing a JavaScript for Scripter, but it would be great (for lots of other people) if Scaler could just handle this natively…

Cheers,
Justin

Open Voicing +1 / Open Voicing (depending on root note of scale) works best for me. There are some chords it won’t recognise though.

If I remember well, @davide said they will include customized ranges in future releases
I hope they will do that this year
:guitar: