Scaler 2.0 Update

I use it all the time and i think its great. Glad to hear theres more developments coming tho. Ill be looking forward to full blown sequencer. Keep up the awesome work!

Hi Scaler team, I love the chords presets that come with Scaler, however would it be possible for at some point in the future allow for us to convert our chord presets from other chord players (specifically the .fxp extension). That would be very cool.

1 Like

Interesting thought. May I ask why you couldnā€™t load the midi file into your DAW and then have Scaler detect them? My question is always how many dev hours vs user hours and could those hours be put into other developments and features?

Hey Davide, yes that would work for sure, just a bit tedious to do it one by one. For example, I have several hundred .fxp chord presets I would like bring over into Scaler. There are many thousands more in the chord preset ecosystem. Typically, depending on what the original application is, even though the .fxp is the same file type, usually it is created using some sort of proprietary software at the onset and therefore reverse engineering it would I imagine would be difficult (unless the owner of the other application open sourced their code). I have been trying myself to do this and it appears itā€™s a bit technically beyond my ability. Nonetheless, I think with the release of Scaler 2 there will be a large influx of people into the community and perhaps would could have a dedicated area to share the .xml preset format with other Scaler users. But I have feeling others users would appreciate an ability to convert their .fxp presets (if not let me know guys).

is there no release date at all? i dont understandā€¦
im so looking forward to this to come out,got my emergency coins ready i just need to know!

OK guys, we have some news from Plugin Boutique. May 27th, 2020 is the official release date from them. We have a group marketing and software review skype set for this Friday the 17th so will be even clearer then but this looks like everything has aligned and Scaler 2 will be released on May 27th.
Praise be :raised_hands:
Will update with any further news.

14 Likes

That is my Birthday! I know what you can get me. :grin:

5 Likes

Congratulations! Hope it sells well for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

HI, I would love to be a new beta tester if your still accepting, I currently own 1.8 and am a tester for loopmasters. Iā€™m running cubase 10.5 pro on windows 10, AMD ryzen 7.
Cheers
Daire

Hello @Daire
Please request access to the beta here : https://forum.scalerplugin.com/groups/Beta-Users and remember to include your email address so we can generate a license for you.

Thanks

Georgio

Thanks @Georgio, Request sent.

Iā€™d be happy to test 2.0 for you if you need help. I run Cubase 10.5 on Windows 10 x64: i7-9700 @ 3.6Ghz, 32 Gigs Ram, with a RTX2080 w/8Gigs VRAM.

1 Like

Sent in a beta request a couple weeks back never heard anything back, are we still been doing beta testing?

1 Like

Yep, I did too.Guess itā€™s pretty late in the process now.

I didnā€™t know what features were going into Scaler 2 until after I view the video. Wow! It was like going for version 1 to version 3.0. What a massive upgrade with very a very rich feature set! Worth the wait. I am hoping the the upgrade pricing is not too expensive (i.e. under US $100).

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this product. Canā€™t wait to do more experimenting. Maybe I wonā€™t notice this extended quarantine period. :joy:

1 Like

It will be way under that!!! Pricing will be set by Plugin Boutique but early adopters will pay a third of that or less I imagineā€¦

3 Likes

Yes, we are still sending invites, next batch of invites will be for beta7 which we are finalizing now.

Thanks for your patience

4 Likes

It will be way under $100!
The original Scaler a vast majority of people bought on sale, including myself, for $30.
There is no vendor that will make their upgrade price greater than the original price people paid for it.

1 Like

Okay, this looks insane! A lot of thought has been put into this application. I canā€™t wait for this new version to be released. This will be an instant buy! In the meantime, Iā€™ll continue to work with Scaler 1.8. Great job developers!

4 Likes

Yeahā€¦the video pretty much sealed the deal for me, too.
Take My Money

1 Like