Bookmark this thread to receive updates
To download latest Scaler updates please login to https://www.pluginboutique.com Go to ‘My Account’ and select the Windows or Mac OS Icon, click the dropdown menu for version number and click on download. See image below.
• Bass mode
• Generate bass lines adapted to your current scale and chords.
• More than 100 bass lines in many genres (Funk, House, Jazz, Pop, Rock, Synthwave, Trance, Urban)
• 7 new bass sounds (Bass Guitar, Chorus Bass, FM Bass, Jazz bass, Retro Bass, Saw Bass, Tight Bass)
• Melody mode
• Generate melody lines adapted to your current scale and chords.
• More than 100 melody lines to choose from.
• New keyswitch for live-switching between melody parts.
• New re-trigger and follow behaviours when switching chords before the end of an expression pattern.
• Quantize and Swing - Align played notes on a grid or apply a global swing of various note lengths.
• Enhanced Progression Editing
• Ability to create groups of chords
• Ability to customise all playback parameters per group
• Quick Navigation - Switch between the various screens from the quick navigation menu or use keyboard shortcuts to navigate even faster.
• Update the expression selectors to accommodate new playback modes.
• Increase the size of copy/move icons when dragging chords.
• Add notifications when dragging chords outside Scaler while bind or perform mode are active.
• Other improvements
• Reduce playback interruptions when switching parameters live.
• Sustain MIDI CC message can now be consumed internally or passed through.
• Prevent a crash when loading user chordsets.
• Prevent a crash when using Keys-Lock.
• Prevent a crash when creating a chord from an empty pattern in Pad View.
• Add 16 beats chord duration.
• Syncing between Scaler instances now conserves Humanize settings.
• Prevent notes from being cut-off when using Keys-Lock - Chord Notes or Chord Extension profiles.
• Prevent the fretboard view from triggering keyswitch.
• Overall stability and performances improvements.
- Fix an issue in the audio detection engine creating instability on the Windows platform and preventing mouse clicks from working correctly in some hosts.
- Fix a problem causing the chord notes to be held when triggered from Section C.
- Fix the playthrough of linked patterns; chords now play on the first trigger after switching pattern.
- Rest chords now play properly with the UI closed.
- Fix notes being cut-off on chord change when using Keys-Lock - Scale White Keys.
- Fix the triads button position in the Modulation panels
- Fix a problem when cycling through the phrases list using the arrow keys.
- Fix an issue causing Scaler to become unresponsive and stop processing MIDI
- Improve the accuracy of the event scheduler.
- Fix jitter in the MIDI output when using a large block size.
- Improve the arpeggiator to respond to tempo changes correctly.
- Prevent a crash when clearing the state.
- Duplicating multiple chords now copies all playback parameters.
- The greyed out expressions in the Edit Playback view are now accessible.
- Maintain playback performances when editing a chord voicing.
- Add the ability to duplicate multiple chords on the Pad View.
- Phrases now follow keyboard velocities like Performances and Rhythms.
- Add the ability to transform chords on click in the Neo-Riemannian modulation panel.
- The transformed chord in the Neo-Riemmanian modulation panel can be selected with the lasso.
- Clicking on an open drop-down menu handle now closes it properly.
- Show Bass/Inversion is now correctly remembered when set as default.
- Add the ability to DAW-Sync a single pattern inside the Pad View.
- Display loading indicators and instance number in the Sync Popup.
- Add a notification when syncing multiple instances successfully.
- Keys-Lock is now refreshed correctly on scale sync.
- New Chord Editor
- Control individual notes and velocities in each chord
- Use the circle of fifths to easily create chord progressions
- Search for any chord in Scaler
- More than 100 new expressions in triplet feel and across several time signatures
- Add bass/inversion display in chord name
- Improved accuracy of detection
- Reduce the number of duplicate chords in results
- Filter-out unlikely chord types to reduce noise
- Add ability to detect from a file in the source dropdown
- New Modulation Preset - Neo-Riemannian
- Create harmonic transformations from any chord
- Support custom sounds folder location
- Support custom chordsets folder location
- Multi-Select Pattern and Pattern Chaining improvements
- Add ability to apply extracted voicing to a multi-selection of chords
- Ability to export chord names to MIDI markers when dragging to DAW
- New Arpeggio Octave Range option
- Add ability to select the output MIDI channel
- Keys-Lock - Chord Mute function now works properly when used with DAW-Sync
- Ability to select and remove multiple notes with lasso in Detect panel
- Add ability to synchronise the selected scale across instances
- Bug fixes:
- Fix “Right-Click -> Select All” in Pad View
- Fix erratic behaviour when deleting from a multi-selection in Pad View
- Fix bind to suggested pathways refresh issue in Modulation
- Fix UI not redrawing correctly after Clear State
- Fix lowercase display for minor chords in Modulation panels
- Fix empty large clip when dragging from MIDI Capture
- Other fixes and overall stability improvements
- Improved lasso selection, patterns can now be multi-selected and chained with ease
- Improve visual feedback on keyboard when binding a multi-selection of pattern with empty chords
- Improve user chordset loading to support renaming & moving session files
- Add new option to play-quantised to chord duration or on next beat
- Chord Edit panel now suggests chords at the same octave than the currently edited chord
- Accessing the Pad View does not stop playback anymore
- Add ability to Play/Loop progression from Pad View
- Add ability to navigate back to Edit View from the Pad View
- Improve live expressions behaviour, avoid re-trigger when releasing a note while other keys are being held
- Fix an issue causing the import/export state to break when overriding an existing session file
- Fix a display issue when reloading the Chord Edit view from a saved state
- Fix an issue causing octave jumps when using scale voicings
- Fix modulation suggestions to prevent octave jumps between distant scales
- Fix an issue when reordering chords causing them to shift to a wrong position
- Improve overall stability and performances
- Fix an issue causing Scaler to start its playback too early when using DAW sync
- Fix a resizing issue causing Scaler to display at a wrong position on launch
- Prevent Scaler from hanging during startup/validation
- Prevent bound-chords from being stopped when adding arpeggiated notes
- Add a notification when dropping an unsupported file onto Scaler
- Fix display issue in performance names with accent when using Poppins font
- Updating the arpeggio timing from the side menu now updates properly the live settings panel
- Prevent a display issue when recalling a saved state with multiple panels open
- Fix an issue causing hung notes when using playback and a MIDI Controller
- Prevent Scaler from hanging when reloading a saved project in Cakewalk - Windows
- Editing a chord voicing does not reset its custom playback settings anymore
- Add ability to Enable/Disable blinking effects
- All font size have been slightly increased
- Add ability to select between 3 font sizes (Small, Default, Large)
- Shift-Click on a chord from your progression now opens Chord Editor
- Further timing calculation improvement: Scaler 2 is now more accurate and consistent across the different trigger/capture modes: Live triggers, Section Playback, MIDI Capture, MIDI Output
- Prevent hung notes when dragging chords outside of Scaler in some DAW
- Prevent hung notes when holding a key not yet bound then activating bind
- Fix an issue causing dropped notes when arpeggiating chords with a voicing profiles applied
- Prevent the Settings menu from appearing behind other UI elements
- Fretboard notes can now be used to create/edit chords
- Fix a timing calculation causing Scaler internal tempo to drift
- Fix a timing calculation causing Scaler to drift from DAW tempo when using DAW Sync
- Improve latch and quantise behaviour
- Prevent crash when voice-grouping chords with non-academic voicings
- Improve compatibility for users without OpenGL support
- Prevent crash of ScalerAudio 2 in Cubase
- Fix crash/hang when using the “Explore common scale” function
- Side Menu now reopen automatically after closing the UI or changing font.
- Fix multiple focus issue causing Scaler to steal keystrokes destined to the DAW
- Windows installer now displays version number on install
- Fix a playback issue causing some audio clicks on specific samples (Detroit)
- Fix crash in MIDI detection with single notes
- Fix a playback issue causing some audio clicks on specific samples (Housey)
- Audio detection now uses the sample rate of the dropped file every time and switch back automatically to the DAW sample rate for the live detection to continue
- Multi select changes can now be reverted in one single undo action
- Fix timing of the registration popup in demo mode
- Fix (rare) crash when swapping between multiple instances
- Added FREQ and Bro Beatz chordsets
- Initial release